- Compact design for one hand operation
- Color display with 90° and 180° flip screen
- Automatic substrate recognition
- Strong wear resistant ruby probe tip
- Zero, single and two point calibrations
- Key lock for only taking readings
- Hi/Low tolerance settings for pass/fail warning
- Statistic mode with 1000 measurement memory
- Continuous measurement mode
- Stability mode warns user when instrument is tilted preventing wrong readings
- SSPC specific mode for standardized measurement protocols and calibration routines. (byko-test only)
byko-test – Four measurements in one instrument: Coating thickness Fe/NFe, Dew Point, Air Temperature, Relative Humidity. The byko-test offers a unique solution to monitor environmental conditions while measuring dry film thickness. Air temperature and humidity sensors are built into the gauge. The dew point temperature is displayed to determine, if the conditions are right for painting. The byko-test complies with SSPC PA-2 and ASTM D7091 methods for the measurement of coating thickness. There is a SSPC mode to assist the operator on measurement protocols and calibration. The large, rotating color display is readable in high and low light conditions. It’s easy to use with large operating buttons ideal for users wearing gloves.
byko-test Lite – The byko-test lite is a Ferrous/Non-Ferrous coating thickness gauge with a compact design for easy handling. The gauge body is made from impact resistant material and it’s easy to use. The operate buttons are large for users wearing gloves. It automatically recognizes the substrate and switches to the correct setting. An automatic switch-off ensures long battery life. The large color display with a backlight is readable in high and low lighting conditions. The display will automatically rotate to the correct viewing position. In the statistic mode average, minimum, maximum, and standard deviation are displayed. The measurements are automatically stored and downloadable to a PC with the optional USB cable and software.